Search This Blog


Monday, July 19, 2010

HEALTH ASSESSMENT - THEN AND NOW - UNIT 10

When we first started this class and based on a scale of 1 - 10,
I gave to myself a level 8 in the follwing areas:

1) Physical
2) Spiritual
3) Psychological 

Then, I agreed to improve these levels of health by adding more:

1) Physical - Exercise and a better diet to my weekly schedule.
2) Spiritual - Prayer to my daily schedule.
3) Psychological - Meditation time to my weekly schedule.

Now, at the end of this class, I would say that all three of my levels of health, have gone up from an eight to a level 9.  This is because, the meditation - psychological exercises have helped me to be more able to focus on what I need to do. This, in turn, has helped the other two aspects of my health - physical and spiritual. I still have some more work to do on this, but advancing slowly might be better than a "Quick Fix."

1 comment:

  1. Mari Lee, I liked the way you wrote your blog post. Very simple and easy to follow. Congrats on improving all three aspects of your life, meditation has really helped you!

    I also like how your goals had a time line, some to your daily schedule and some to your weekly schedule. Breaking it down into specific times must make completing your goals much easier.

    Keep up the good work. I know I need to get more physical activity. According to my blood type I should get a ton of aerobic excersie- but I just don't. I know I am choosing to not do it because I find it hard to seperate my time when I am not at work. It seems like when I get home all heck breaks loose and I just can't remember what I had planned to do. I bet meditation could help me in that area- if I could find a quiet time and place.

    ReplyDelete